Our customers are many and varied. Here are a selection of stories crafted and published via our Integrated Newsrooms
As celebrations take place across the country for Armed Forces Week [21 to 27 June], this year’s events also mark 10 years since organisations across Wales signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant.
Our customers' safety is really important to us - so much so that it’s one of our core objectives over the next three years. To support this, we’ve also joined the National Social Housing Safety and Compliance campaign.
“Please get tested and help to keep Bristol safe.”
Transport Minister, Graeme Dey visited Network Rail’s £7.5m project to refurbish and repaint the North Queensferry approach span to the world famous Forth Bridge.
Greater Manchester publishes Clean Air Plan, kickstarting “green revolution” with over £120 million secured to support businesses with vehicle upgrades
- City-region today publishes its final Clean Air Plan, with an anticipated launch date of 30 May 2022 for the introduction of its Clean Air Zone. Over £120m in government funding has been secured to help businesses upgrade to cleaner, compliant vehicles - applications will open from November this year
- Following feedback at last year’s consultation and the impact of COVID – particularly on small business – GM-registered taxi/private hire owners and LGV owners will be given more time, money and options to upgrade
- National government has agreed to include sections of the A628/A57 part of the strategic road network managed by Highways England, which pass through the villages of Hollingworth and Mottram, in the Clean Air Zone – helping to protect residents’ health along what have been some of the most polluted stretches of road in GM
- GM’s plans for fully-integrated Bee Network moves one step closer: Bike-share company Beryl confirmed as city-region’s cycle hire delivery partner, delivering one of the largest schemes outside London
- New Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure Strategy to be published in July, setting out ambition that, by 2030, anyone who chooses to travel by car or van will be able recharge it quickly and conveniently across the city-region
- Announcements mark huge milestone towards Greater Manchester’s ambitions to be carbon neutral by 2038 and building back greener
Three days of work to remove speed restrictions planned for main line in Surrey this August – speeding up trains and improving reliability for customers
Network Rail engineers will be working on improving the railway near Weybridge over a long weekend in early August, keeping disruption to a minimum and increasing reliability for passengers.
Ryedale District Council is closing three of its public toilets as part of an ongoing programme of repairs and improvements.
Leeds invites visitors to explore the city for longer this summer with complimentary nights at leading hotels
Residents and businesses across the District are being asked for their views on the future of Witney High Street.
HS2 has obtained approval for an ambitious scheme which will use material excavated from the Chiltern tunnels to create 127 hectares of new chalk grassland, woodland, wood pasture and wetland habitats around the tunnel’s south portal.
Health Minister Eluned Morgan will remind everyone in Wales of their part to play in keeping Wales safe this summer during a press conference this afternoon [21 June].
Scottish fintech company Aveni has secured an investment of £1.1 million to launch a ground-breaking Artificial Intelligence (AI) platform which is leading the way in a new era for speech analytics in business.
Network Rail has submitted a Transport and Works Act Order (TWAO) application to seek deemed planning permission to build the new station and associated infrastructure which will serve the southern fringe of Cambridge and the biomedical campus.
Islington Council is working in partnership with Islington GP Federation and Arsenal Football Club to host a mass vaccination event at Emirates Stadium over four days, Friday 25 to Monday 28 June inclusive.
Jeremy Miles today set out a series of measures we will take to create more capacity and ease potential pressures within the Welsh education system, providing further clarity on what the next year academic year will look like.
Train operator Great Western Railway has published further details of its government backed Flexi Season tickets due to go on sale from today.
The Welsh Government's plan to provide everyone under 25 with the offer of work, education, training, or self-employment through its new Young Person’s Guarantee will help ensure there is no lost generation in Wales following the Covid pandemic, Economy Minister, Vaughan Gething, said today.
HS2 today opened a new relief road around the village of Chipping Warden in Northamptonshire, allowing construction vehicles – and other through traffic – to avoid the centre of the village and the local primary school.
Today is the fourth anniversary of the Finsbury Park terror attack, which took the life of Makram Ali, a much-loved husband, father, grandfather and friend, and left many other people injured and traumatised. Today we remember Makram Ali, as well as all those injured in the attack, and their families.